The RSS was founded in 1925 by Keshav Baliram Hedgewar, a doctor from the central Indian town of Nagpur in Maharashtra, who agitated for both independence from the British crown and the strict segregation of Hindus and Muslims.
The most prominent figures of RSS deeply admired Fascism and Nazism, the two totalitarian movements that swept through Europe at the time.
As such, RSS was outlawed by the British (and was even periodically banned by the Indian government after independence). Indeed, Naturam Godse, the man who assassinated Gandhi in 1948, was himself a former RSS member who felt that the Mahatma made too many generous concessions to the Muslims.
“There are only two courses open to the foreign elements, either to merge themselves in the national race and adopt its culture, or to live at its mercy so long as the national race may allow them to do so and to quit the country at the sweet will of the national race,” wrote [RSS founder Golwalkar—ed].
“That is the only sound view on the minorities problem. That is the only logical and correct solution. That alone keeps the national life healthy and undisturbed…The foreign races in Hindustan must either adopt the Hindu culture and language, must learn to respect and hold in reverence Hindu religion, must entertain no idea but those of the glorification of the Hindu race and culture, i.e., of the Hindu nation and must lose their separate existence to merge in the Hindu race, or may stay in the country, wholly subordinated to the Hindu Nation, claiming nothing, deserving no privileges, far less any preferential treatment not even citizen’s rights.”
If one were to replace “Hindu” with “German,” Golwalkar’s words would match Hitler’s rhetoric almost exactly.
Some people claim that they have visited RSS camps and there are good things being taught etc etc. However the point to be noted is that there is RSS leadership with a fascist agenda and it has its foot soldiers who are fooled and shown different picture – so that they can be used as TOOLS (for vote bank, free propaganda, get more support etc.) to further their agenda. But as is said ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS.
The RSS has different FACES – one for public consumption, one for its low level cadres and one which they want to keep under the radar and spread their poison slowly.
However as all leaders are not at the same intellectual level many times they have had to take U-TURNs as what is in the heart sometimes gets reflected on the utterances from the tongue.
Below are the link to various articles & news items which show the true face of these hindutva outfits, their ideology and what they really want to achieve:
- “Hindustan is our nation, a rashtra of Hindus,”: [N Ram said that the remarks of RSS sarsanghchalak Mohan Bhagwat on proclaiming India as ‘Hindu Rashtra’ is nothing but an anti-national statement.]
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat targets Mother Teresa, says conversion was main objective behind her service
- [He said: “We are trying to create a strong Hindu society for the betterment of the entire world…]
- Please also read this:
- Vishwa Hindu Parishad – VHP
- [background: video that went viral and showed volunteers wearing skull caps and purportedly carrying firearms, swords and lathis]
- Bajrang Dal (Youth wing of VHP) /
- / / : Graham Stuart Staines (1941 – 23 January 1999) was an Christian who, along with his two sons Philip (aged 10) and Timothy (aged 6), was burnt to death by a gang while sleeping in his station wagon at village in district in , on 23 January 1999. In 2003, a activist, , was convicted of leading the gang that murdered Graham Staines and his sons, and was sentenced to life in prison
- Singh (Bajrang Dal) was also charged in the killing of Muslim trader Shaikh Rehman at Padibeda village in sub-division of .
- According to the , Bajrang Dal had been involved in riots against Muslims in the .
- In April 2006, two Bajrang Dal activists were killed in nearby in the process of bomb making. The same group of activists were also suspected for perpetrating the 2003 mosque blasts.
- The Bajrang Dal has been accused of not allowing Muslims to own land in parts of Gujarat by attacking traders who sell to Muslims and by attacking Muslim homes and forcing the sale of the house or flat.
- has also blamed them for the religious violence in BJP-ruled states of Karnataka and
- The ‘s annual report on international religious freedom for 2000 and World Report (2000) by the labelled this organisation as a Hindu extremist group.
- Paul R. Brass, Professor Emeritus of Political Science and South Asian Studies at the , described the Bajrang Dal as Indian equivalent of ‘s
- Hindu Mahasabha
- Do not discriminate between Savarkar, Godse: Hindu Mahasabha
- Kamal Haasan Says Hindu Terror Exists, Hindu Mahasabha Says Shoot Him To Death
- A day after the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) criticized the commemoration of Nathuram Godse’s death anniversary as ‘Balidan Diwas’, the Hindu Mahasabha (HM), which celebrated the event, lashed out at the Sangh and termed its members ‘traitors’. Ashok Sharma, national vice-president of Akhil Bhartiya Hindu Mahasabha (ABHM), told TOI, “The RSS is the biggest traitor that has betrayed not only the country but also the Hindus. – https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/RSS-the-biggest-traitor-Hindu-Mahasabha/articleshow/49823815.cms
- Muslims, Christians should be forcibly sterilised, says Hindu Mahasabha leader http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150412/nation-current-affairs/article/muslims-christians-should-be-forcibly-sterilised-says-hindu
Clearly there are different rules for different people
It is amazing that VHP, Bajrang Dal and other hindutva groups can conduct arms training openly (and have been doing so since last 15 years), however imagine is it possible for any muslim organization to conduct similar training for its members ?
Zakir Naik is being called a terrorist for stating that “all muslims should be terrorists for anti social elements”
- Someone openly declares India as Hindu Rashtra,
- Someone calls all people who dont vote for particular party to leave India
- Some one calls all muslims to leave India,
- Someone calls muslims as “*aramzaade”
- Someone pass fatwa to kill zakir naik
- Someone praises Godse the killer of gandhiji
and still neither the individual nor the party concerned is banned or probed rather they are considered NATIONALISTIC by most of the so called educated hindus !!!
Why does the RSS not condemn anti Muslim statements by some of it’s members?
There is a saying ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS, RSS is a double faced organization – officially it makes some statements for public consumption however its real ideology is amply clear if you read the books and statements of the founding fathers and ideologues of RSS. Also there is nothing hidden by actions on the ground by the RSS workers and their affiliates like VHP, Bajrang Dal etc.
So those RSS members who speak against minorities are just those few of them who are foolish enough to bring to their tongue what is in their hearts.
RSS is highly successful in spreading the cancer of hatred and distrust between minorities and the majority population and their planned and well calculated strategy is slowly bearing fruit with favorable government at the center; So has the viciousness in their statements increased over the last few years.
- Islam calls for killing of kaafirs (non-Muslims)
- They are taking advantage of tolerance of Hindus
- They are like snakes ie backstabbers
- Mocking Muslims and their social, cultural and religious beliefs